Sunday, December 16, 2007

Out-of-town riding

Sunday, December 16
(tomorrow is Beethoven's birthday!)

Today was the long-appointed day for a FRM women's team ride in the hometown that claims the largest number of our riders: Bainbridge Island. Last night, the weather forecast was ugly, but there was not a speck of rain today until I got in the car after the ferry ride back to Seattle. We had some blue sky, some great views of sunshine on the Olympics, and a mid-Sound treat of unrestricted views of snowclad Rainier and Baker.

Sometimes I knew where I was, mostly I didn't. We stopped for shots (espresso with milk and a tad bit of sugar) in Port Gamble, we bypassed downtown Poulsbo by riding through the parking lot next to the marina, and we had a scenic tour along Lemolo Road. We also did some of those vicious, short, steep hills that Bainbridge is famous for. It was a terrific ride with good company--and local knowledge of a super coffee shop to finish off a great day while we waited for our ship to come in.

Total miles today were 47. After yesterday's low psi ride plus a trip to the gym to lift weights yesterday afternoon, 47 was plenty. And my legs are looking forward to just sitting in my chair at work tomorrow!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi this may not be the correct forum for this, however I am hoping I have found the blog of Martha who has a husband by the name of Mick. I am trying to contact Mick who is a friend of mine from racing in our youth. He was always good to keep in touch and I was rubbish, unfortunately I have lost his contact details and was hoping you maybe able to help.
If you are able to pass this on to Mick I would appreciate it. My email is nichoiom@yahoo.co.uk and he will recognise me from this address.

Thanks

UltraMick said...

I'll point him toward your comment!

Brian said...

The last blog comment requires a soundtrack. You pick.

Ready?

3,2,1...