Saturday, June 03, 2006

Cooper

Saturday, 3 June

Sometimes when I'm sick and--at the most fundamental level--all I want is my mommy, the very next-best thing is a kitty. Lucky me, I found Cooper here today at the Cooper Spur Mountain Resort. When I finally dragged myself out of bed at 10:30 a.m., I came up to the lodge to get my wifi fix and spooked Cooper away from his food dish. On my way out, he didn't bolt quite so far, and I finally got close enough to pet him. Then he was butter in my hands, rolling on my feet, kneading his paws into my leg, and distracting me from my less than happy state. Purrs are very therapeutic.

2 comments:

Old as dirt said...

So, am I third in line? I guess fourth as the bike comes before me too : -)

UltraMick said...

Ah, but you abandoned me to go race your bike somewhere. I never thought of my bike as warm and cuddly or soothing when I'm sick, so I guess you're safe in third.