Friday, September 19, 2008

When did this happen ?

Friday, 19 September


It was summer just last weekend....sunshine, warm temps, tomatoes from the garden.
Now all of a sudden the trees aren't green any more and it's dark during too many of my waking hours. The rain bike keeps trying to get ahead of the race bike in the queue in the garage. And the trainer bike: I can't remember the last time I "rode" that.
I guess it's like rain in January: there's nothing I can do about it, so I might as well enjoy the show of colors and the sunshine when it happens.

3 comments:

Andrew F Martin said...

You getting one of these?:

www.baronbicycles.com

Come on! Everybody's doing it :)

UltraMick said...

That bike might be light as pictured, but it lacks fenders, bottle cages, lights, and all the other paraphernalia of winter commuting and training. Most of my new bike money went into the tandem. Hoping for enough for a new custom, generously "sponsored" frame for 2009. And since when do fathers allow "Everybody's doing it" as a reason to do anything?

Unknown said...

It's not super light. 24.45lb with all the lights and gear:

See entry for 9/20:
http://dutchmechanic.tumblr.com/

It just rides so much better than my Portland over the root-fill BGT.