Sunday, September 21, 2008

Starcrossed

Sunday, 21 September
last day of summer

Last night was the Starcrossed cyclocross extravaganza at the Marymoor velodrome. Lots of people had lots of fun. There was: Beer. Mud. Coffee. "Stale" hotdogs (a second-hand report). People I hadn't seen in a long time. Teammates and other friends racing. Long, grim faces (O.A.D. and I concluded that (1) nobody racing looked in the tiniest little bit like they were having even a trace of fun, and (2) there was nothing fun-looking about the actual racing). But oh the very best part? Walking around and looking at all the hats. :) I was like a kid in a candy store (OK, like ME in a candy store) and stared at a lot of people's heads. And I realized that the ones I make are as good as anything anyone had on. Maybe next year I should bring a boxful and a tent (it poured rain for hours) and see if I can make enough money for coffee on winter training rides?

2 comments:

JT said...

You guys apparently missed seeing me eat it and laugh uncontrollably...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/brujo/2878423168/in/set-72157607425461743/

Cross is the funnest I've had on a bike in a while!

UltraMick said...

We missed the first women's race, but I loved the photo. That smile was bright enough to be seen by all the stars in heaven....