Saturday, November 03, 2007

120

Saturday, 3 November

120. That's how miles I got in on my super tough, super slow, solid-rubber-with-tread armadillo tires before I got a flat. Tiny piece of glass sliced right through. Of course, since the tire was so stiff, it took me 20 minutes to get it off, replace the tube, and get the tire back on again. Ironically enough, I was on my way to a team ride, and my teammates waited for me--longer than they would've waited if I'd flatted my friendly old tire that slipped on and off. Just whose bright idea was this?

5 comments:

Old as dirt said...

It was mine, but I hadn't figured on you riding over every piece of glass you could find, to prove me wrong!

Andrew F Martin said...

Kavesh flatted her new Armadillos twice today. Blew out the sidewall. Ritchey Tom Slick Fortress - so hot right now.

Anonymous said...

Bontrager Hardcase Race Lites. Between Allison and I we have had three flats in 4 years. We've gone through tires before they have flatted.

The QC on Armadillos (in my experience) can be very shoddy at times (my guess is that is why Kavesh's tire blew).

The Hardcases stand up to riding in two college towns (ie broken glass) and a lot of goat head type stuff down in the LC Valley.

UltraMick said...

Thanks for the recommendations! I'll have my mechanic get on it ASAP--and I'll request something smaller than 28mm this time!

Argentius said...

woah, what the crap crap is that?

I have yet to flat my 35mm Marathon XR's, but, then...