Thursday update: Deadline extended to Sunday. And, in case you're one of the few who races for the money, for the crit, prizes for the women's Pro/1/2 field will match the men's Pro/1/2; the women's Cat 3/4 field will match the men's Cat 3. Thanks to Beverly of Bella's (www.bellabakercity.com); she is an even bigger supporter of this women's race than I am. And she sells luscious wine and chocolate and etc.
You've got just two days left to sign up for the best regional single-bike stage race around:
Why race Elkhorn?
- Beer (at the finish).
- Cookies (at the Friday night pasta feed--there's pasta too).
- Empty roads (the only cars are race support vehicles).
- Spectacular scenery (Blue Mountains, green valleys, Oregon Trail, Hells Canyon).
- Great community support (everybody asks how your race is going).
- The excitement of racing with riders from all over the West Coast (but no pro teams).
- Tough racing. Good camaraderie.
- Best excuse for a rest week before all those crits over 4th of July weekend.
- Because it's FUN and you don't want to miss out.