Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Want to borrow

Wednesday, 11 October

I made it to Marymoor tonight to try out the cyclocross practice. Kenny had very kindly put together a bike for me to ride and all I needed was pedals. Sadly, the bike was too big for me and the bottom of the pedal stroke was just a little too far down. I probably looked like I was trying out the Superman position on a cross bike too. So.....

WANT TO BORROW: small cyclocross bike. Smaller than 53 cm? Complete bike. Just for a few Wednesday night practices this autumn. I have no plans to race...but you never know what might happen.

My new team has a fancy schmancy team message board where I am supposed to be able to post things like this to reach my 200 new teammates, but it don't work. So we'll try this. I suspect that fewer than 200 people read this, but maybe the 2 who do know somebody who knows somebody who knows somebody who has a spiffy little cross bike just collecting dust. Leave me a comment or contact me by email if you do. Please?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/bik/220629953.html

UltraMick said...

Thanks, Anonymous. It's a nice bike with sweet upgrades--but before I shell out much cash I want to find out (1) if I like cross and (2) if I can handle a bike well enough.

P-Dog said...

you can borrow Mrs PDog cross bike if you wash it afterwards. Its a small K2 Enemy.